THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR CONNECTION TO, ACCESS AND USE OF ALL OF HCK MEDIA GROUP’S WEBSITES, RELATED SUB-SITES AND RELATED APPLICATIONS (“SITE”) AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN (“SERVICES”) BY HCK MEDIA SDN BHD, ITS AFFILIATES (INCLUDING PARENT, SUBSIDIARY, RELATED AND ASSOCIATED COMPANIES), EMPLOYEES, LICENSEES, AGENTS, DISTRIBUTORS, CONTRACTORS AND ADVERTISERS (“HCK MEDIA”). BY ACCESSING ANY PAGE OR FEATURE OF THE SITE AND/OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION.
IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY OR ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE AND/OR USE OF THE SERVICES.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO ADD TO, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY WITHOUT NOTICE. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED SUCH CHANGE(S) IF YOU CONTINUE TO CONNECT TO, ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES SUBSEQUENT TO SUCH CHANGES.
1. Personal Data
In using the Site and/or the Services you may be asked to provide to HCK Media certain information which is personal to you. This information will be in possession and control of HCK Media which relates directly or indirectly to you (or any other corporation or individual) to the extent that you (or the other corporation or individual) may be identified or identifiable from that information or from that combined with other information in the possession of HCK Media (“Personal Data”). HCK Media may “process” the Personal Data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, downloading, copying, using or disclosing the Personal Data.
Personal Data which may be collected from you include your name, address, telephone number, email address, residential, office or other address, or other information in which you can be identified or contacted with. For certain Services, it is mandatory for you to provide with HCK Media your Personal Data to enable delivery of the Services. If you fail to provide such Personal Data, or choose to stop HCK Media from processing such Personal Data, which you are entitled to do, HCK Media may not be able to render the Services to you, or you may face a reduction of the quality of Services provided to you by HCK Media. In any such event, HCK Media shall not be liable to you whether for loss of opportunity or any other loss of damage which you may suffer.
When you register or subscribe for any Services, you may be assigned with a unique identity consisting of your user identity and/or your password (“Identity”). It shall be your responsibility to keep your Identity secured and not to share or enable anyone to access your Identity (whether or not you have acted negligently or otherwise in the circumstances). HCK Media shall not be liable for any breach of security or privacy where it is due to any act or omission by you which enables third party(ies) to access your Identity or the Site and Services through your Identity.
2. Cookies and other Tracking Devices
The type of data collected by HCK Media through the cookies or tracking technologies may include your IP address, date and time of visit of the Site or access to the Services, and whether your requests (including search requests and clicking on links to parts of the Site) were met with successfully. It is meant to facilitate the login in processes; identify and track browsing pattern of users, registrants or subscribers to allow presentation of personalised version of the Site or Services or track use of the Site and Services for improvement.
From time to time we may permit third party(ies) (including advertisers) to set cookies on our Sites or Services for purposes which may include market research, serving advertisements, revenue tracking, to improve functionality of the Site or Services or monitoring for compliance with the relevant user agreements or subscription agreements. We may not have access to these third party cookies and these parties may have their own privacy policies and information generated by such cookies from the use at our Sites or through our Services and may be transmitted to and stored at servers of such third parties at locations outside Malaysia processed data.
You may choose to delete or block the cookies by changing the settings on your computer or device. However, choosing to do so may reduce the functionality of the Site, the quality and efficiency of delivery of the Services or may prevent access to registration / subscription-only areas or certain features of the Site.
HCK Media has implemented reasonable technology, policies and measure designed for securing and protecting your privacy from unauthorised access, improper use, disclosure and alteration. HCK Media will make reasonable updates to its security measures from time to time and ensure authorised third parties use the Personal Data for the purpose set out in Clause 5 and Clause 6 below, and to adequately ensure the confidentiality of the Personal Data.
Whilst HCK Media will use its best endeavours to maintain a security plan deemed adequate by HCK Media to protect your Personal Data, HCK Media makes no guarantee that its Site or Services will be free from security breaches, especially due to unauthorised actions of third parties such as, but not limited to spoof attacks, session hacking, sniffing or tampering.
4. Accuracy of Personal Data
HCK Media aims to keep all Personal Data as accurate, correct, up-to-date, reliable and complete as possible. You may request access to and review your Personal Data on the relevant page of the Site after logging into your user account, and make the necessary changes from there.
5. Purpose of Acquiring and Processing Personal Data
HCK Media may process the Personal Data to:
- verify and authenticate your identity;
- process the order for the Services requested, and provide you the Services;
- administer and manage the Services to be provided to you;
- contact you by email or telephone, should the need arises in respect of the Services or the Site;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- enforce the terms and conditions of the user or subscription agreement and other agreements;
- improve the quality of the Services which may be provided for you;
- automatically scan messages to check for spam, fraud, phishing attacks, computer viruses or malicious computer programming routines, and other malicious activities or illegal or prohibited contents.
It is necessary for HCK Media to process your Personal Data for the above purposes to provide you the Services. If you do not consent to the above, you may choose to remove your Personal Data, but in doing so certain Services or features of the Site may not be available to you and HCK Media shall not be held liable for the interruption.
Your Personal Data may be used for purposes of promotion and marketing to you, such as emailing you special offers and promotions by HCK Media, its affiliates (including its parent, subsidiary, related and associated companies), or third party advertisers, both in general or customised based on the Personal Data processed, and you may opt out of from such promotion and marketing if you choose to do so by notifying HCK Media by writing to:
HCK MEDIA SDN BHD
No. 6, Jalan 19/1B,
Seksyen 19, 46300 Petaling Jaya
6. Disclosure of Personal Data
HCK Media may disclose your Personal Data to selected third parties. HCK Media shall endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to procure that such third parties shall not use the Personal Data other than for that part of the purpose as set out below (“Purpose”) and to adequately ensure the confidentiality of the Personal Data. These third parties, and the purpose for their processing of your Personal Data, are as follows:
7. Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Malaysia
- a third party contracted by HCK Media or its affiliates (including its parent, subsidiary, related and associated companies), to provide services including but not limited to the following:
a. customer and customer related services;
b. data processing and storage services;
c. information technology services;
d. market research services;
e. fraud investigation; and
f. billing and debt recovery;
- affiliates (including its parent company, subsidiaries and associated companies) of HCK Media for offer of products and services;
- payment channels (including but not limited to financial institutions) to maintain and assess financial and payment records;
- regulatory bodies, governmental bodies or other authorities, if required or authorized to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, judgment or legal process; enforce the terms and conditions of the user or subscription agreement and other agreements; to protect the rights, property and personal safety of HCK Media, its users or the public; and to detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent, prohibited and illegal activities
- such party authorised pursuant to a court order; and/or
- any third party as permitted under the laws of Malaysia, including but not limited to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
As part of the Services offered to you through the Site, the Personal Data you have provided to HCK Media may be transferred outside of Malaysia to be processed for any of the purposes set out in Clause 5 or 6 above. You hereby expressly consent to HCK Media transferring your Personal Data outside Malaysia for such purposes. HCK Media shall endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to procure that such third parties outside of Malaysia shall not use the Personal Data other than for that part of the purpose and to adequately ensure the confidentiality of the Personal Data.