MALAYSIA’s inaugural Top 30 Bars Award ceremony recently concluded with the reveal of its Top 30 bars, adjudicated by a selection committee composed of professionals and subject matter experts from the food and beverage industry.
Malaysia’s Top 30 award programme aims to elevate the food and beverage industry by working together closely with key business partners to assist food and beverage (F&B) operators in marketing their outlets.
In a bid to recognise the top bars and beer bars in Malaysia, Malaysia’s Top 30 Bars Award was introduced this year.
“Heartiest congratulations to all who have made the list, which was a daunting task for the selection committee (albeit) a significant result to prove that the F&B industry in the country is progressing,” said Malaysia’s Top 30 founder Alvin Sinclair in a statement today.
More than 200 bars were shortlisted before making the final 50 and going through the selection process of making the final 30. Judging was held between July and September 2022.
“Upon making the Top 30 list, all bars will benefit from continuity right after the award ceremony,” Alvin explained. “For example, a cocktail series (was) created to (celebrate) the Top 30 cocktails in Malaysia.”
Plans in the pipeline for the top 30 bars include beer masterclasses, guest shifts and exclusive events.
Malaysia’s Top 30 Bars are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- Attic Bar
- Bar Tailor
- D by Dirty
- Elli Rocks
- Esquire Room TTDI
- First Chapter TTDI
- G String
- Her House
- Knowhere Bangsar
- MacGregor’s Irish Pub
- Puteh Beach Bar
- Shuruti Box
- Sip Society
- Sticky Wicket
- The Social @ MK 163
- The Whisky Bar
- Three Stooges
- V’s Lounge
- Yilo Restaurant & Bar
Special category winners were announced during the ceremony as well:
- Chivas Regal Top Trendy Bar of the Year – G string KL
- Martell Top Stand Out Bar of the Year – Concubine KL
- The Glenlivet Top Innovative Bar of the Year – Yilo
- Martell Top Bar Design of the Year – Luca
- H Mumm – Top Rooftop Bar of the Year – Mantra Rooftop Bar & Lounge
- Malaysia’s Top Bar Team of the Year – Panggung KL
- Malaysia’s Top Beach Bar of the Year – Puteh Beach Bar
- Top Private Lounge of the Year – Esquire Room
- Top Asian Spirits Bar of the Year – Guang
- Absolut Top Sustainable Bar of the Year – Knowhere
- Lillet Top Versatile Bar of the Year – Skullduggery
- Heineken Top Beer Bar of the Year – The Social @163
- Guinness Top Beer Bar of the Year – MacGregors JB
- Beefeater Top Cocktail Menu of the Year – Her House
- Jameson Top Bartender of the Year – Abel Sukau
- Malaysia’s Top 30 Rising Star Bartender – Jason Dennis D Cruz
- The Rising Star Bar – Penrose
- Chivas Regal Top New Bar of the Year – Panggung KL
- Chivas Regal Top Bar of the Year – Concubine KL
- Malaysia’s Top 30 People’s Choice Award – Concubine KL
During the awards ceremony, Malaysia’s Top 30 also presented an RM15,000 donation to Yayasan Chow Kit (YCK) in an effort to give back to the community. A mock cheque was received by YCK CEO Ananti Raj.
Malaysia’s Top 30 Bar Awards is presented by Chivas Regal with other partners including Martell, Jameson, Heineken, Guinness, Absolut, Beefeater, The Glenlivet, Lillet, GH Mumm, Fiji Water and Umai. – Oct 11, 2022
All photos are credited to Malaysia’s Top 30