New COVID-19 cases continues to slowly rise, with 1.7% of them serious

HEALTH director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah announced that Malaysia recorded a rise in new COVID-19 cases to 7,950 on Wednesday (Oct 13).

Of the new cases, only 133 or 1.7% of them were serious, with the remaining 7,817 cases or 98.3% involved people who showed either no symptoms or mild symptoms.

There were 68 deaths yesterday, bringing the total casualty to 27,593.

Daily recoveries came in higher than new infections at 10,832.

However, as of yesterday, there were 725 patients in intensive care units (ICUs), of which 710 were confirmed COVID-19 cases and 15 were suspected cases under investigation. Of those in ICUs, 380 required ventilators to breathe. – Oct 14, 2021

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Subscribe and get top news delivered to your Inbox everyday for FREE

Latest News