THERE are those who are unhappy when PAS president Tan Sri Hadi Awang expressed his opinion about DAP as an extremist party which promotes Islamophobia. What is wrong with telling the truth in today’s new government era?
The truth is such that what the PAS president has mentioned is based on true facts. In every act and behaviour, DAP clearly rejects the foundations of the Federal Constitution, is Islamophobic and racist.
The statement is supported by the actions and statements issued by DAP as follows:
- Until now, DAP still adheres to the Setapak Declaration which intends to alter the status of Bumiputera in Malaysia. The declaration has not been withdrawn until now.
- DAP’s appointed senator Nga Hock Cheh’s call in April 2019 to drop the race and religious status (including the Muslim status) on MyKAD supposedly on the basis of creating a national identity.
- The stance of Ngeh Koo Ham (Beruas MP elect) in 2014 which stated that the right to apostatise should be accorded to Muslims. Until now the statement has not been withdrawn.
- Nga Kor Ming’s (DAP Perak chairman) statement during the 15th General Election (GE15) campaign on Nov 14 which likened the Perikatan Nasional (PN) coalition to a Taliban government only because of PAS’s insistence to curb and control immoral activities.
- The statement of retired DAP supremo Lim Kit Siang in October 2022 who mentioned that Malaysia does not need “Ketuanan Melayu” (Malay Supremacy) but suffice “Ketuanan Malaysia” (Malaysian Supremacy).
All these statements and stances clearly show us the malignant nature of DAP towards the social fabric of the country. In fact, there is no need to wait for the PAS president to file a police report as the rakyat themselves have long reported DAP’s actions and misdeeds to be acted upon in accordance with principles of the law. Among them:
i) A police report by a Muslim NGO (non-governmental organisation) on Feb 22 this year regarding a provocative Facebook post abuse on the Perlis Islamic Religious Council by DAP leader P. Ramasamy (Penang Deputy Chief Minister II and state assemblyman for Perai);
ii) A police report by PAS Youth on July 7, 2021 against the insulting statement by Lim Kit Siang related to the “Kingdom of God” issue; and
iii) Police report by NGO UMMAH on Nov 19 regarding a racist campaign by DAP figure Hew Kuan Yew (controversial speaker popularly known as “Superman Hew”).
What the PAS president has mentioned was not a slander for he had only stated the true things that happened. The fact is PAS acknowledges and upholds His Majesty the Yang di-Pertuan Agong’s approval of today’s government.
All governments formed and approved by His Majesty are constitutionally valid, just like the PN government that was formed in March 2020 despite being accused of being a traitorous and backdoor government.
The truth is bitter to swallow. But as bitter as the truth is, it must be acknowledged. Just like the fact that this government is made up of a component party that is pessimistic towards Islam and the Malay race – no matter how much one tries to deny it – it never changes the true facts of their (DAP) direction and struggle. – Dec 1, 2022
Hanafi Zulkapli is the National PAS Youth deputy chief. His opinion first appeared in Harakah Daily (PAS’ mouthpiece) on Nov 29.
The views expressed are solely of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Focus Malaysia.
Main photo credit: Malaysia Gazette